How to go to Sala Hinboun and Sala Kong Lor Lodge ?
By the public bus :
* From Vientiane : use the National Road 13, line towards the South, untill the crossroad between the NR 13 & the NR 8
( Ban Lao ) then take the NR 8 in the direction of Laksao city (you must change the bus in case you have not taken the
the direct bus for Laksao station) and stop at Ban Nahine (Theun-Hinboun dam). From there, you have two option to reach Sala Hinboun or Sala Kong Lor Lodge : by local bus or tuk tuk at the bus station of Ban Nahin or by boat at
the pier of Ban Napouar (about 16 Km on dirt track from Ban Nahin).
* From Thakhek, Savannakhek or Pakse : use the National Road 13 line towards the North up to Laksao crossroad
between the NR 13 & the NR 8.
By the private car :
The 4WD car is recommended. The trip from Vientiane, Thakhek and Savannakhet takes about 05 to 06 hour drive to reach
Sala Hinboun or Sala Kong Lor Lodge (the dirt track is practicable only from November to April). However the trip by
boat from Ban Napouar to Sala Hinboun or Sala Kong Lor is practicable for all seasons, about 02 hour cruise.
Sightseeing & Excursion
From our auberges Sala Hinboun and Sala Kong Lor Lodge, within a distance of 2 to 5 Km, you can visit the famous
caves of Nam None and Tham Thieng, the Nam Ngieng and Houay Say underground rivers, either by bicycle, trekking
or by 4WD car. For the Kong Lor cave, it will take your entire full day for an exciting trip of 8 Km by long tail boat. Besides,
the region is favourable for the practise of others activities like speleology, climbing or cruising on the Hinboun river.
* Vientiane - Ban Nahin (public bus) : about 60.000 kip per person
* Vientiane - Ban Lao (public bus) : about 45.000 kip per person
* Ban Lao - Ban Nahin (public bus) : about 25.000 kip per person
* Ban Nahin - Sala Hinboun or Sala Kong Lor (local bus) : 25.000 kip per person
* Ban Phakong - Sala Hinboun (long tailed boat) : about 280.000 kip per boat (03 maximum)
* Sala Hinboun - Kong Lor cave (full day boat trip with lunch picnic) :
440.000 kip per boat (03 persons maximum).
* Sala Kong Lor Lodge - Kong Lor cave (full day boat trip with lunch picnic) :
420.000 kip per boat (03 persons maximum).
The best season to visit us starts from October to the end of February; it is nice during the day and cooler during
the night. From March the weather gets warmer and it rains from May to September.
For your trip, you should have a electric torch for the visit of the caves, the plastic sandals for cruising and swimming.
Moreover provide yourself with the medecines of first aids including the ointments against insects because the region is not
equipped with the hospital.